POW Gaming: Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to the Next Level

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Religion?

Go down 
+4
Recabilly
POW ChOpZ
RottenDonuts
killj0y61108
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Male Number of posts : 556
Branch/Clan Joined : POW Assassins
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : Killj0y61108
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:14 pm

So there's been a lot of religious talk here. I've decided to see what religion people are, or what you all believe. Religion causes a lot of war, so I can imagine that there will be some arguing in this topic. Sorry lol. I have my views, but as i said, religion causes fights. This is why i will refrain from speaking about what i beleive until I am asked about it AND I feel that this topic is safe enough for me to say. Yes, I am saying that I'm afraid to say what I beleive, which is a lot more common than you would imagine.

I know this is a controversial topic, so it might get deleted or not be allowed. But everyone, try to play nice. Hopefully as long as you do this topic will not be deleted, and people will continue posting here.
Back to top Go down
http://unluckykillproductions.blogspot.com/
RottenDonuts

RottenDonuts

Male Number of posts : 355
Branch/Clan Joined : Bloodstain, Airborn
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : RottenDonuts
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:17 am

This could be cool, if done correctly. I'm what you would call a "born again Christian". Basically, what that means, is that I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me" (sorry, don't remember the book and verses that comes from).

Fallowing Jesus takes a lot of faith. But if you do the work, and you study the Bible, it really isn't too difficult to believe. Especially if you read about the end times, which is mostly in Revelation. I mean, there's no argument by non religious folk that the Bible was really written by living people thousands of years ago. And this book ACCURATELY predicts things that will happen in the end times, things that are happening RIGHT NOW in our world.

Also, no non-religious person denies that Jesus, the person, existed. He did exist, and the Bible is written by people who were around back then, who knew Jesus personally. Jesus is the only man/god to walk this earth, die, and rise from the dead. No other religion can say that about their god.
Back to top Go down
POW ChOpZ
Founder
Founder
POW ChOpZ

Male Number of posts : 365
Branch/Clan Joined : POW Gladiators, POW FAM, POW Assassins
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : POW ChOpZ, POW PrEsiDeNtE
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Well I guess I can say that Im RottenDonuts Brother in Christ! I believe the same thing! Jesus came to pay the price for SIN, and save us from what we WERE doomed to...HELL for ETERNITY!

So yes, he does deserve my life. I am a walking testimony that he exists. lol And there are MANY Prophecies that have been fulfilled by Jesus Christ(about 1,000).

And I mean, look at the story of Noah's ARK. How could you fit all the different animals of the world on 1 boat? Well, back then, there weren't as many different animals as today. Plus, they took all the animals (females and males) as babies! they later found Noah's Ark in the exact measurements that the bibles describes! So Im pretty convinced that I'm following the right beliefs! I am Totally Married to GOD! I may run POW, but God runs me!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/issyaboi
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Male Number of posts : 608
Branch/Clan Joined : POW Gladiators, POW Assassins
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : Recabilly
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:59 pm

I must agree with Raotten and Chopzy. I am a Christian, I accepted the fact that Jesus Christ came to forgive each and every one of us of sin. I believe that Jesus was Lord in the flesh and I do believe that we are all in His hands.

Oh and Chopz! I saw that! the ark was exact measurements and even had some fossils of animal remains. (Not dead animals, but a feather and such)

I believe in the Trinity that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are ONE. So far the Bible is the only religious icon that has most histery and science backing it up.

I leave my faith in God...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/recs_world
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm

You all make good points, however some people have different beliefs. My question is: Where are those people now? This would be a much more fun topic if more people gave contrasting beliefs. So come on people! No one is wrong, but you can't say anyone is right...
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:11 pm

as far as I know most people in POW are Christian lol

Pretty cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm not. HEHE affraid
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:17 pm

why don't you post your belief? I would like to know
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Because I don't truly believe in anything. You could say that i believe in science, but that's only to an extent. I think there had to be something to cause the big bang, but there's on way to be certain that it was God, or if there even is a God.
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm

There are certain things in science that I believe but when people try to prove God doesn't exist by using science... it makes me laugh...

I think you should watch my videos... I think I will make a new video concerning this exact topic... that there is not proof that God really did all this.

There are a lot of videos that might guide you to the right direction. The Bible wasn't written by some guy in a dark cave. It was written by many many MANY people in different times and completely different areas of the world. The scrolls were gathered together and placed in order.

A lot of things in science don't make sense to me...

Do you know how scientists find the age of fossils?
-they either use carbon dating or simply find the age of what the layer the fossil was found in.

Do you know how carbon dating works?
-They test the amount of carbon found inside the fossil and base that on the age of the layer of the Earth that has the same amount of carbon

Do you know how they find the ages of each layer?
-They use the age of the fossils to find the age of each layer

But if we find the age of fossils by the age of the layer it was found

and we find the age of each layer by the fossils that are found

isn't that circular reasoning. Things like this makes me laugh about science... but inventing new things to help us live happier is fine by me lol
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:43 pm

but at the same rate, science can determine the chance of life on other planets. if there were a God why is there only one source of life in our solar system. Scientists do believe that there may be life in other galaxies, and possibly at least one planet full of life in every galaxy
Back to top Go down

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm

before this turns into some religiouse debate i am going to just say one thing whatever you beleave is fine with me. "you have the right to youre beliefs
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm

thats what this is all about Smile no matter what you believe youre neither right or wrong. thers no way to prove or disprove God. he may exist, but within reason, i find it unlikely
Back to top Go down
JB Striker

Male Number of posts : 2
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : JB Striker, POW Striker
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:55 am

I'm not a religious person myself. I consider myself to be agnostic. I don't know if there is a god or not and I don't care. But I do have a problem with religious people who act like bigots and do hateful things towards certain groups of people such as homosexuals, non-religious people, etc. It's okay to express your beliefs but you shoudn't threaten or bash somebody just because they have different beliefs. I just want people to keep their beliefs to themselves.
Back to top Go down
POW SHOTGUN
High Ranked Staff
High Ranked Staff
POW SHOTGUN

Female Number of posts : 71
Branch/Clan Joined : POW CHIX
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : POW SHOTGUN

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:39 am

uhhh JB you should talk more often heheheh ..that was nice.
I think like JB.. i dont really care about religions I just care about God and i pray and talk to him alot. I dont need to be in a church sorrounded by people that will judge me for how I look.

God said .."Where two or more are gathered in my name, there will I (God) be also."
I think thats why carly is so afraid of religions,just cuz of the way people judge him when they see him full of tattoos without knowing he is one of the best person they could ever meet.

Yeah yeah ''the body is the temple of god'' ..well we are not wasting that temple with prostitution nor drugs . We are just decorating the temple Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inyourfacehxc
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:14 pm

i agree. im not saying god doesnt exist or what not. believe what you want and in your heart... if its true... thats all that matters and that makes it true. but i am saying that we should all accept eachother for who we are, not what we believe. to me religion doesnt matter, its a form of "confession" and a way to feel good about the life you live, whether its for god, or for you. so get tattoos, be gay, pray, learn. whatever you do, do it for you.. not becuase someone told you to or you think you have to.
Back to top Go down
POW BrUt4L
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
POW BrUt4L

Male Number of posts : 98
Branch/Clan Joined : POW GLADIATOR
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:00 pm

its good to be open minded to a extent...being gay and getting tatoos is against the word of GOD aka jesus
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:19 pm

but that can be the problem with religion... most higher-ups are intolerant. thats what happened in the past. its why religion and politics are seperate. people were killed for not following the word of God.. is that how God would want things?

religion slowed science, and if it werent for that we could be 2000 years ahead of ourselves in technology. Aristotle went along with religion and claimed that the earth was the center of the universe and that stars shine because they are holes in the edge of the sky... holes that lead to heaven. it took 1400 years for gallileo to see the truth. then another 600 for religion to accept this when proposed by copernicus.

i refuse to say that religion is wrong. but it is controling and unaccepted of different oppinions. this is why ive turned away from the way of God. i may believe in Him, but i also might not. theres a chance he exists and theres a chance he doesnt. i wont rule out either.
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:20 pm

unaccepting*
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Unfortunately our own ideas of what is right and wrong doesn't matter to God because His word is the only pure and true word.

I can say that killing children every Friday is right but if it's not in the book of God... the Bible... it doesn't matter how right I may feel about it. it's wrong...
Back to top Go down
POW ChOpZ
Founder
Founder
POW ChOpZ

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Well I personally can't stand religion! I believe it is one of the many tools of the devil! I mean, religion, itself, crucified Jesus Christ! Religious people molesting little boys! Religion keeping you from EATING MEATS! ABSOLUTELY WRONG! RELIGION has sooo many RULES! RELIGION is what drives people AWAY!

but, what about a sweet gentle relationship with Jesus Christ? I mean, when you read the word of God, It is a LOVE book full of LOVE books! Nowhere in the bible does it say "you can't get married". yet the Catholic RELIGION enforces it anyway!

There's plenty of Science that is correct. but things like the BIG BANG are ridiculous! It remains a theory, yet is taught in all the textbooks in schools!
And they're is no way of know that there is life in other galaxies, because we've never been to another galaxy!

So yes, be open to everything. But don't believe everything Science teaches you. And don't believe everything that Priests or even pastors teach you. If you want the Facts, research it for yourself. Don't let all the molesting priests, and judging Christians, and false Pastors steer you away from God. because in the end......... It's all about GOD! not them.
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:21 pm

I agree Chopzy! I can't stand religion...

Christianity isn't a religion it's a way of life

no rules like "you must kiss the feet of some statue" lol

just have a friendship with our Lord and Savior Smile
Back to top Go down
POW ChOpZ
Founder
Founder
POW ChOpZ

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm

yea well those are my beliefs... And if anybody has any questions, or would like to challenge what i say, go ahead... ask questions. make comments...
Back to top Go down
killj0y61108

killj0y61108

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:27 pm

i agree. religion is bad. believing is good, but religion and teachers of it have been corrupt. like i said before with Aristotle and Copernicus. it isnt religion that said they were wrong. it was the church and everyone that ran them. and the big bang is just a theory and in my opinion may have never occured, because if it did billions of years ago... in all this time... why hasnt there been another? but as for life that is also a theory, but its based on the atmosphere, chemicals, and water... if a planet has the capabilities to sustain life, whos to say it doesnt? i think there is life on some other planet... the universe is far too large for us to be the only forms of life.

and never believe anything that is told to you. like ChOpZ said, research it yourself, and if you like your results and believe it, be it religion or science, or anything else, believe what you know in your heart and mind is the truth
Back to top Go down
Recabilly
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Recabilly

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm hoping to become a youth pastor or evangelist because I really want to get the word out there of God and teach the truth about Christianity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion?   Religion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
POW Gaming: Official Forum :: General Stuff :: General Suff-
Jump to: