POW Gaming: Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to the Next Level

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
POW W33ZY
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
POW W33ZY

Male Number of posts : 177
Branch/Clan Joined : Gladiators, Bloodstain, Assasins, Reckless, Airborn, PopShotz, Elites
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : TDA W33ZY, POW W33ZYxW33x
Registration date : 2009-02-21

HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Empty
PostSubject: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:18 am

It's gonna be hosted by Umdfan87 aka Nnutz he was asked by brutal to host this tourney rules and date of tourney will be posted soon register your teams here so Umdfan87 can register u. thnx, W33ZY
Back to top Go down
https://localhaloplayers.doodlekit.com
umdfan87

Male Number of posts : 8
Branch/Clan Joined : Pro Branch
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : nNuTz
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 pm

thanks for starting the thread

couple of admin things:

for info on tourney, please post your email in this thread (or if someone can tell me how to attached word and excel document ill post them here)
to register (2 things), post your roster, both tags and whoever the captain is
for captains, please give me your email so i can send you info....

i will update the rosters as the come in ON THIS POST, so please post your stuff
i would like a certain # of teams (16 atleast and possibly 32, if we cant get 32, i will take the first 16)

most important, GET THE WORD OUT!!!!
any person in POW is eligible (you dont have to be in the pro branch)

note: i posted the rules (they are not concrete but im using what i have to work with right now)

anothing thing, please f/r me if your a captain on nNuTz or POW nNuTz
Back to top Go down
umdfan87

Male Number of posts : 8
Branch/Clan Joined : Pro Branch
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : nNuTz
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Rules for POW 2v2 Halo 2 Tournament

Tournament

• The tournament will be a double-elimination style tournament with 16-32 teams.
  • Seeding for the FIRST tournament will be random. The number seed you get is not an indication of team ranking. After this tournament, people will have ranks based on performance and I will make a ranking list for 2v2 teams.
  • You can only play matches when “a referee” (will be decided before tourney) is online and I will be posting definite times that I will be online so you can schedule your matches. This is a rule so that “referees” can solved disputes as they happen (there really shouldn’t be any anyway). I will constantly update the tournament as people play and send it out.
  • All captains need to give me an e-mail that they check so that they can see who their playing.
  • If you are matched up against someone, you need to play the other team within the round dates as given in the tournament bracket (you’re going to have around 2-3 days to play a match). If the other team you are matched up against for any round is online and wants to play the match before the scheduled date, this is allowed.
  • If you end up playing a team for the second time, it will be a race to 6 wins for the entire series. For example, if Team 1 beats Team 2 3-1, then if they meet again, then Team 1 will already have a 3-1 lead in a race to 6 wins. This predicament isn’t possible until the LB Finals for an 8-team tourney, or LB round 4/5/Finals for 16 team tourney.
  • For the championship match, whichever team has not lost, must lose twice. That means, if they play a team they haven’t played yet, then the other team must win 2 best-of-5 series. If the two teams in the championship have already played, then it is simply a race to 6 wins for the title.

Rules and Gametypes

• There are 11 gametypes. There will be a list of gametypes for each round in the tournament bracket.
  • The settings for the games will be the MLG ’07 settings for 4v4 play (just trust me, they work well for 2v2 play as well). That means the basics like no motion sensors, no duals weapon set (for most slayer gametypes), etc. Here’s is a link for the settings (go to near bottom of page)

'07 MLG settings

***please get these settings right, I will be able to notice if they aren’t (it’s not like your going to have to forfeit but it’s just a pain in the butt to change them)

***the 07 MLG settings are just like most of the Team Hardcore gametypes (King games are taken out, Slayer Sanctuary is different, just see the settings)

Hosting

• The higher seeded team will host 3 out of 5 of the games. Because the lower seeded team only gets to host 2 games, they pick the games they get to host. You must play the games in the order they are listed so you will have to switch off hosts accordingly.
  • If you play a team for a second time for a race to 6 wins, then the higher seeded team hosts the first game and you alternate host. In this case, the lower seeded team will not choose the games they host, so you must play the games in order.

Dispute

• Although there should be none since we are all clan members, if you any disputes over anything such as the settings or hosting, I or another referee will be the authority. I do not have any favorites and will be as fair as possible (though as I say again, we are all clan members and no one should cheat. I will host a bunch of these tourneys so this isn’t your only chance to prove yourself).

LASTLY:

I will be out of town from the 8th to the 15th of March. I would love to get the teams set before Sunday. Unless there is a huge rush of teams, the first 16 will be able to play. I will message my clan and encourage all clan leaders to message their clan. If time is your concern, don’t worry about it. The tourney will last probably 3 weeks so everyone has time to play matches and NO ONE HAS TO FORFEIT.

If you have any questions, PLEASE, juts message me on XBL, I usually just sit in a lobby unless I see customs so just hit me up.

1st – 200 points

2nd – 160 points

3rd – 140 points

4th – 120 points

5th – 110 points

6th – 100 points

7th – 90 points

8th – 80 points

9th – 70 points

10th – 60 points

11th – 50 points

12th – 42 points

13th – 34 points

14th – 26 points

15th – 18 points

16th – 10 points
Back to top Go down
POW W33ZY
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
POW W33ZY

Male Number of posts : 177
Branch/Clan Joined : Gladiators, Bloodstain, Assasins, Reckless, Airborn, PopShotz, Elites
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : TDA W33ZY, POW W33ZYxW33x
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 am

i just reallized i cant be in it cause im a branch leader now lol that sux
Back to top Go down
https://localhaloplayers.doodlekit.com
Flamingopython
Branch Leader
Branch Leader
Flamingopython

Male Number of posts : 418
Branch/Clan Joined : Gladiator
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : FlamingoPython, snipe is sweet (360 account)
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 pm

hye who wants to be my partner for the tournament?
Back to top Go down
POW ChOpZ
Founder
Founder
POW ChOpZ

Male Number of posts : 365
Branch/Clan Joined : POW Gladiators, POW FAM, POW Assassins
Gamertag/s (if not your username) : POW ChOpZ, POW PrEsiDeNtE
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Hmm, can nNuts still do this?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/issyaboi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT   HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALO 2 2v2 ONLINE TOURNAMENT
Page 1 of 1